Etiquette



DP Etiquette

First rule: Don't be a jackass.

Other rules: Do not attack or insult people you disagree with. Engage with facts, logic and beliefs. Out of respect for others, please provide some sources for the facts and truths you rely on if you are asked for that. If emotion is getting out of hand, get it back in hand. To limit dehumanizing people, don't call people or whole groups of people disrespectful names, e.g., stupid, dumb or liar. Insulting people is counterproductive to rational discussion. Insult makes people angry and defensive. All points of view are welcome, right, center, left and elsewhere. Just disagree, but don't be belligerent or reject inconvenient facts, truths or defensible reasoning.

Monday, May 4, 2020

Analyze me...


Monday, May 4, 2020
 
I will readily admit I’m biased toward the Democrats.  Their agenda/platform more aligns with my political mindset.

As a progressive liberal, I watch MSNBC and CNN to get my news.  I rarely watch Fox, nor do I listen to right-wing radio pundits like Rush Limbaugh (I can only take about 5-minutes of him before I have to turn it off).

Here’s question 1:
-Do you see right wing media as a help or hindrance to the greater American society?  Explain your choice.

Myself, I see them as a hindrance and instigaters of anger, hatred, resentment, discord, and any other words of disruption

Here’s question 2:
-Am I wrong?  Am I not seeing things clearly through my skewed-liberal eyesight?

Lay it on the line for me.  Is it me, and not them?  Be honest.  I can take it.  Or as I like to say, “Sometimes you do someone a favor when you tell them they have bad breath.” :/

Help me understand so I can grow. :)

Thanks for posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment