Etiquette



DP Etiquette

First rule: Don't be a jackass.

Other rules: Do not attack or insult people you disagree with. Engage with facts, logic and beliefs. Out of respect for others, please provide some sources for the facts and truths you rely on if you are asked for that. If emotion is getting out of hand, get it back in hand. To limit dehumanizing people, don't call people or whole groups of people disrespectful names, e.g., stupid, dumb or liar. Insulting people is counterproductive to rational discussion. Insult makes people angry and defensive. All points of view are welcome, right, center, left and elsewhere. Just disagree, but don't be belligerent or reject inconvenient facts, truths or defensible reasoning.

Tuesday, December 19, 2023

My Christmas wishes for America and inhabitants of Dissident Politics.

 


Snowflake is gonna take a well-deserved break for the Holidays, But before I go, a few words:

I think at this time of year, we should spread the cheer far and wide, and include (almost) everyone in our warm wishes.
Whatcha think?

So, I wish peace and happiness to Democrats and Republicans alike. I even wish the best for the Trumps. Being so small and insecure must be a devastating disability to live with so who am I to pile on this time of year?
(ditto for the MAGA crowd)

I also wish peace and happiness for Russians and  Ukrainians. Putin not included. I also wish peace and happiness for the Palestinians and Israelis alike.  Hamas not included. 

I wish peace and happiness to all the bigots of the world. All the racists. After all, what group of people are MORE in need of finding peace and happiness than that group of people?

Most of all, I wish peace and happiness to the inhabitants of Dissident Politics. I wish more than anything, that for a week or few days, the angst and anxieties and deep concerns will fall off of your shoulders, allowing you to see that there are still good people in the world. 

Most especially good people like Jesus and Santa (and the occasional Snowflake).

Too early for my New Year's wishes, but I have a few, especially for the Democrats. But that is for another day.

And remember, it's still Christmas even when it's Happy Holidays. 

Finally.........













No comments:

Post a Comment