Etiquette



DP Etiquette

First rule: Don't be a jackass.

Other rules: Do not attack or insult people you disagree with. Engage with facts, logic and beliefs. Out of respect for others, please provide some sources for the facts and truths you rely on if you are asked for that. If emotion is getting out of hand, get it back in hand. To limit dehumanizing people, don't call people or whole groups of people disrespectful names, e.g., stupid, dumb or liar. Insulting people is counterproductive to rational discussion. Insult makes people angry and defensive. All points of view are welcome, right, center, left and elsewhere. Just disagree, but don't be belligerent or reject inconvenient facts, truths or defensible reasoning.

Monday, March 22, 2021

Political Thrillers

 My partner in crime Geri and I have started to watch old classics of late, especially as now with Covid not a lot of new material coming out.


On my Forum I talked about Alfred Hitchcock films, on here I want to talk about political thrillers.


WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO POLITICAL THRILLERS ANYWAYS?


Nowadays the films that pass for political thrillers seem dull compared to some of the classics (at least in my humble opinion).


Examples of what I am talking about:

 Seven Days in May (1964)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058576/


Though the movie is about a General ready to overtake the US government parts are eerily similar to what happened recently via Trump.


Another gem:

All the King's Men (1949)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0041113/?ref_=fn_al_tt_4


But one of my favorite all time, and still is, is:

Fail Safe (1964)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058083/


Now, what constitutes a political thriller does vary from person to person, I found a sight that listed "Dr. Strangelove" as a political thriller (say what?) as well as listing "Lincoln" which is really a historical piece more than a thriller.


BUT COME PLAY ALONG ANYWAYS:


GOT any favorites among the genre? Any political thrillers you care to list for Geri and I to watch?


Maybe you know of a gem I have missed.


and Happy Monday to boot!






No comments:

Post a Comment