Etiquette



DP Etiquette

First rule: Don't be a jackass.

Other rules: Do not attack or insult people you disagree with. Engage with facts, logic and beliefs. Out of respect for others, please provide some sources for the facts and truths you rely on if you are asked for that. If emotion is getting out of hand, get it back in hand. To limit dehumanizing people, don't call people or whole groups of people disrespectful names, e.g., stupid, dumb or liar. Insulting people is counterproductive to rational discussion. Insult makes people angry and defensive. All points of view are welcome, right, center, left and elsewhere. Just disagree, but don't be belligerent or reject inconvenient facts, truths or defensible reasoning.

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

The Cuomo Situation…

 

Sexual harassment is the kind of thing men and women see differently.  While men may see their overly zealous flirtations as rather innocent, hopeful of a reciprocated response, or maybe even a sexual fantasy come true, women may see such flirtations as an attempt to dominate, intimidate, or insult.  It’s all a matter of sexual perspective. One usually knows when a flirtation is welcomed.  Without some sort of flirtation, no one would ever get together with/find a mate.  So I can get that part.

I have never been sexually abused, but I have been sexually approached in a way that was not welcomed by me.  I finally spoke up one day, and it stopped.  Luckily for the man, that was back in 1980, when such behavior flew under the radar more than it does today.  Today, women are no longer so tolerant.  I know I sure wouldn’t let it stand.  I’m not that young, gullible girl (often the victim) anymore. 😉

In a statement from Cuomo, he attempts to apologize.  It looks rather “boiler plate” to me, but…

"I now understand that my interactions may have been insensitive or too personal and that some of my comments, given my position, made others feel in ways I never intended. I acknowledge some of the things I have said have been misinterpreted as an unwanted flirtation. To the extent anyone felt that way, I am truly sorry about that."

Here is the question:

Should Cuomo step down, be removed, be ignored, be tolerated, other?

What, in your opinion, is the remedy to the Cuomo situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment