Etiquette



DP Etiquette

First rule: Don't be a jackass.

Other rules: Do not attack or insult people you disagree with. Engage with facts, logic and beliefs. Out of respect for others, please provide some sources for the facts and truths you rely on if you are asked for that. If emotion is getting out of hand, get it back in hand. To limit dehumanizing people, don't call people or whole groups of people disrespectful names, e.g., stupid, dumb or liar. Insulting people is counterproductive to rational discussion. Insult makes people angry and defensive. All points of view are welcome, right, center, left and elsewhere. Just disagree, but don't be belligerent or reject inconvenient facts, truths or defensible reasoning.

Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Channel note: I'm baaaaaack, sort of

SCENE 1: The exciting action causing the injury, just a notch below the intensity of action in The Terminator: A few days ago I sprained/strained my left shoulder and bicep moving a heavy box from one place to another. That was real dumb. Pain started immediately but flared into intolerable the next day.

This was close in intensity to my action scene

SCENE 2: The exciting medical drama, like the TV show House: I'm not sure if it was a sprain or strain. The interwebs indicates that the two are overlapping things. The doctor called it a sprain based on X-rays, so I'll go with that. 

I was close to this level of medical action

My ER doctor's charming bedside manner
telling me to stop wasting his time or the 
oxygen I was breathing in his ER room
(I think he wanted me to stop breathing?
My div is a tough old geezer, probably ~35 years old)

Anyway, the pain was so intense I couldn't even keyboard and didn't feel like blogging. I got some wuss pain pill, naproxen and a muscle relaxant. From what I could tell neither drug did squat for the pain. The most effective treatment by far was to sit still and not move. But today, something changed and most of the pain faded to just a menacing little gremlin waiting for me to do something stupid with my left arm. 

The gremlin is about a 3 according to this scientifically 
precise measuring stick

Before today, the flares were about a 9 if I moved wrong, 
but pretty stable at 6.5 (not 6 or 7) for a couple of days if I didn't move much

So, today and tomorrow and until the gremlin goes away, I'll try to refrain from doing something stupid with my left arm. Otherwise, we can go back to exciting action causing injury.

Thanks to all for your kind words and support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment