Etiquette



DP Etiquette

First rule: Don't be a jackass.

Other rules: Do not attack or insult people you disagree with. Engage with facts, logic and beliefs. Out of respect for others, please provide some sources for the facts and truths you rely on if you are asked for that. If emotion is getting out of hand, get it back in hand. To limit dehumanizing people, don't call people or whole groups of people disrespectful names, e.g., stupid, dumb or liar. Insulting people is counterproductive to rational discussion. Insult makes people angry and defensive. All points of view are welcome, right, center, left and elsewhere. Just disagree, but don't be belligerent or reject inconvenient facts, truths or defensible reasoning.

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

I Hit a Triple Today



As some of you may recall, I decided to try to engage with the radical right. I chose three big sites, Breitbart, Town Hall and the Daily Caller to try to engage with. In response to Biden's pick of Harris, I figured it is be a great time to inject a contrarian view. I was right that it is a very good time to inject a contrarian view.

Apparently, all three sites decided they have had enough of me and blocked my comments. It looks like I have to find more radical right sites. Sigh.

This adds to evidence that the radical right is no longer willing to tolerate dissenting facts or opinions. This tells me they are now all in on their run at building an American dictatorship built on demagoguery, irrational fear and irrational intolerance.


Town Hall - I tried twice, then gave up 
(but they did let me respond to another person's 
criticism of Harris as a slut)


The Daily Caller


Breitbart

No comments:

Post a Comment