Etiquette



DP Etiquette

First rule: Don't be a jackass.

Other rules: Do not attack or insult people you disagree with. Engage with facts, logic and beliefs. Out of respect for others, please provide some sources for the facts and truths you rely on if you are asked for that. If emotion is getting out of hand, get it back in hand. To limit dehumanizing people, don't call people or whole groups of people disrespectful names, e.g., stupid, dumb or liar. Insulting people is counterproductive to rational discussion. Insult makes people angry and defensive. All points of view are welcome, right, center, left and elsewhere. Just disagree, but don't be belligerent or reject inconvenient facts, truths or defensible reasoning.

Thursday, September 3, 2020

I’m calling it…

… more “trying to explain the problem” than just “looking to place blame.”  But you can decide yourself what to call it.

*          *          *  

I believe Donald Trump makes us all worse people.  His constant divisiveness has very effectively played on our dark side.  His mendacity has been proven out by 20,000+ lies and misleading statements.  His “only the best people” have turned out to just be selfish Capitalists buddies looking to take advantage of an opportunistic system.  Oh… I could go on.

As a result, Trump has created two kinds of us “worse people” type "victims"; those of us who love where he has mentally taken them, and those of us who hate where he has mentally taken them.  I personally hate where he has taken me.  That’s right, I said “hate.”  And I’m very angry where he has managed to take all of us, collectively.  “God(s) forbid” that he should get re-elected.  It depresses me to even think about it.

Other than some psychological struggling in my early 20’s (many of you already know that story), I can say I’ve been a rather positive, upbeat kind of person most of my adult life.  And why not?!  There is much good in my personal life to be appreciative of.  I want for nothing, materially.  I can actually remember a time in my life where I got mad about something maybe once a year.  It’s true!  In other words, I was not easily riled up.  That’s not so true today.  I guess my fuse has grown short, and has been accelerated under the inept administration of one Donald J. Trump.  I see what’s happening, and it scares me.  It makes me mad, and I can’t stop the anger.

These days, Trump has me living an emotionally bipolar life (that’s a self-diagnosis).  At least it seems that way to me.  It’s like living with those proverbial “angel and devil characters” on your shoulder, each trying to sway me, day to day, in their direction.  There are days when one character is more convincing than the other.  I feel schizoid, and it’s like I no longer have any control over myself.  And I don’t like it.

Well, that’s my “bad” story.  Any suggestions??

Question: Has Donald Trump made you a better or worse person?  Or are you one of the (emotionally) unaffected ones?  Tell us your good/bad/or indifferent story.

Thanks for posting and recommending.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment