Etiquette



DP Etiquette

First rule: Don't be a jackass.

Other rules: Do not attack or insult people you disagree with. Engage with facts, logic and beliefs. Out of respect for others, please provide some sources for the facts and truths you rely on if you are asked for that. If emotion is getting out of hand, get it back in hand. To limit dehumanizing people, don't call people or whole groups of people disrespectful names, e.g., stupid, dumb or liar. Insulting people is counterproductive to rational discussion. Insult makes people angry and defensive. All points of view are welcome, right, center, left and elsewhere. Just disagree, but don't be belligerent or reject inconvenient facts, truths or defensible reasoning.

Friday, September 6, 2024

Some religious musings…

This is kinda long, so bear with me.


I was looking back through some of the hardcopy correspondence I had many years ago with my Christian stepkids.  Here’s an interesting little tidbit I found, and presented them with: 




Well, that’s quite the “story.”  I don’t know about you, but my head is still spinning. 😵


Questions:


  1. Is that all this chronology is, a “story?”  Metaphor woven into something humans can relate to (complete with protagonist, antagonist, hero, foil, etc.)?


  1. Other than my overly dramatic style (which I pride myself in 😉), what did I get wrong there in my writeup?  Not nuanced enough?  There are missing details that really matter?


  1. What kind of person gives this bizarre scenario a pass; that is to say, willingly accepts it with no questions asked?


Make sense of this God story for me (something I would call the main premise of the Bible), because I’m at a loss.  No offense but I’m just calling it like I see it.  I’m sayin’ there seems to be only one perverted/mixed up/confused Character in this story (no Names mentioned 🤐).



Bible Title Redux


What would you rename the Bible:


  • God… Profile of a Psychopath?  Or,
  • God… An exercise in the workings of the human psyche?  Or,
  • God… Other [your reduxed title here]


(by PrimalSoup)


No comments:

Post a Comment