Etiquette



DP Etiquette

First rule: Don't be a jackass.

Other rules: Do not attack or insult people you disagree with. Engage with facts, logic and beliefs. Out of respect for others, please provide some sources for the facts and truths you rely on if you are asked for that. If emotion is getting out of hand, get it back in hand. To limit dehumanizing people, don't call people or whole groups of people disrespectful names, e.g., stupid, dumb or liar. Insulting people is counterproductive to rational discussion. Insult makes people angry and defensive. All points of view are welcome, right, center, left and elsewhere. Just disagree, but don't be belligerent or reject inconvenient facts, truths or defensible reasoning.

Friday, July 12, 2024

Which is more important? Saving your conscience or saving democracy?

We all (or most of us) have thresholds for what we will or won’t do. It’s called “personal ethics.”  For example, as a 55+year vegetarian, I’d say nothing could make me eat animal flesh. 


Supposing someone holds a gun to your head and says “Do X or I pull the trigger.”  Will you do X?  You may say “no” when not faced with that prospect for real, but I guarandamntee you that if it was a reality, you’d say, “How high should I jump?” Or, in my case, “Give me that fucking hamburger,” and I’d gag it down somehow.  IOW, you will do X no matter how disgusting you find it.  Self-preservation runs THAT deep. 


There is a political gun pointed at our collective “high moral standards” heads this November. Will you help the perpetrators pull the trigger, out of your prioritized conscience?  Will you choose your conscience over democracy?


For you third party or write-in voters, that’s what this November election comes down to. Your vote for Stein, or RFK, Jr., or Mickey Mouse is just a wasted vote. That is a cold hard objective fact. 


BUT… your conscience will be clear. It, your conscience, helped enable/catapult a psychopathic madman into the leader of the “no longer free as we’ve known it” U.S. world. (see Project 2025)


Am I wrong about this?  Do you still plan to vote third party or write in?  


Make your case in view of my scenario. Tell me why I’m not seeing clearly?


(by PrimalSoup)

No comments:

Post a Comment